As a registered clinical counsellor, I create a safe and welcoming setting for you and your family to express your needs, engage in meaningful communication, and experience growth.
I have more than 20 years of experience working with children, adolescents and young adults. With my additional training in special education, I can help you navigate the school system and provide you with the support to best facilitate your child’s development.
I am extremely passionate about helping children and youth reach their social, emotional and education goals, including making friends, maximizing their ability to learn and become responsible, caring members of their family and community.
As a therapist with many years of training and experience in the area of divorce, I can help your children navigate the emotional journey of separation, handle stress, and develop strength and resilience. Keeping your child’s best interests at the forefront, I can help you and your ex-partner to peacefully co-parent, improve scheduling and communication, and resolve conflicts that will create a smoother transition for you and your child.
- BA Psychology University of Winnipeg
- Diploma, Special Education UBC
- M.Ed., Counselling Psychology UBC
Additional Professional Roles
- Elementary school counsellor in the public system
- Instructor in the Educational Assistant Program at Capilano University
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy Training from DBT Centre of Vancouver [www.dbtvancouver.com]
- BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC) [bc-counsellors.org]
- Member of the BC College of Teachers
- BC Play Therapy Association [bcplaytherapy.ca]
- Canadian Association for Child and Play Therapy [cacpt.com]
- BC School Counsellors’ Association [bcschoolcounsellor.com